The European country of Norway is counted among the most peaceful countries of the world. Usually the incident of violence is not seen here. But on Wednesday (October 13, 2021), 5 people died in an attack here. Two injured are reported. The attack was carried out using bows and arrows.
The attack took place in the south-eastern city of Kongsberg in the country. The population of this city is about 28 thousand. The attacker also lived here. He was arrested. Media reports have identified him as a 37-year-old Danish national. The reason for the attack is not yet known.
Dramon County Police Chief Owind Aas said authorities have not yet ruled out the possibility of a terrorist attack. Investigation is going on from this end as well. He said bow and arrow were used for the attack. Police are trying to find out whether any other weapon was also used. Along with this, it is also being ascertained whether the attacker carried out this incident alone or there are other people with him. A police officer is also among the injured.
Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg said that the information coming from Kongsberg is very frightening. She said that she understands very well that people are scared. But the situation is under police control. Police say that the accused had other weapons as well. Significantly, after 10 years there has been a major incident of violence in Norway. Earlier in the year 2011, Anders Behric Breivik killed 77 people. Most of the dead were youths who had come to join a camp.