Srinagar: Three suspected terrorists killed in encounter, eyewitnesses cast doubt on police claims


Srinagar: Three suspected terrorists killed in encounter, eyewitnesses cast doubt on police claims

Three suspected terrorists were killed in a police encounter in Srinagar on the evening of November 24, but locals and eyewitnesses say that the boys who were killed by the police were unarmed and standing on the roadside.

(Photo: PTI)

Srinagar: Regional parties and eyewitnesses in connection with the police encounter that took place in Srinagar on the evening of November 24. Official version of the event In which three suspected terrorists including a top commander of The Resistance Front (TRF) have died.

Officials say Mehran Yasin Shalla, a C-category terrorist of TRF, was shot dead along with his alleged aide, former Hizbul terrorist Manzoor Ahmad Mir, in Rambagh area of ​​Srinagar on November 25.

Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti said that there are doubts about the circumstances in which the alleged terrorists were killed. Along with this, the National Conference has also sought clarification from the officials regarding this shootout.

A statement issued by the Jammu and Kashmir Police said that they had received accurate information about the activities of terrorists in Srinagar, after which a team was formed. On Wednesday evening, this team signaled to stop a private car in Rambagh area.

Police said in a statement, “The terrorists sitting in the car while trying to escape from the spot started firing indiscriminately at the police. However, retaliation was taken in view of this firing by the terrorists, which turned into an encounter.

Police say that all three suspected terrorists were killed in this retaliatory action.

in 2014 Supreme court The NIA had laid down 16 guidelines for police forces involved in encounters, including providing secret information that would lead to an encounter, providing medical aid to victims injured in police firing, ordering an internal inquiry by a senior officer and a magisterial inquiry.

The Supreme Court had said, ‘It is not the duty of the police officers to kill the accused just because he is a dangerous criminal. Undoubtedly the police should arrest the accused and prosecute him. Such killings should not be encouraged. These are like state sponsored terrorism.

Eyewitnesses protest against police claims

According to eyewitnesses, the developments during the Rambagh encounter suggest that the Jammu and Kashmir Police may have allegedly violated these guidelines. After the firing stopped and the security forces left the spot the wire Several eyewitnesses, including those who spoke to the media, have denied the police’s claims.

Some allege that the suspects were pulled out of the car and killed, while others say they were not even given medical help.

Refuting the claims of the suspects firing at the police, a woman said, “These three boys were standing on the roadside when the police reached the spot and started firing indiscriminately. I could not understand what was happening.

He further said, ‘These boys were shot but they were alive. One of them even tried to run away but the policemen caught him again, shot him and left him on the road till he died.

There was blood splattered on the road where the firing took place in Srinagar, which was cleaned by locals and policemen on Wednesday evening.

After this shootout, a dozen angry men and women reached the spot, shouted slogans against the government and police and raised slogans in support of independence.

An elderly woman found a wallet at the encounter site, which belonged to Manzoor, one of the three alleged terrorists killed. The woman, holding Manzoor’s Aadhar card in her hands with trembling hands, asked the journalists who it was and from where?

The woman curses the policemen involved in the shootout, saying, ‘Look at the blood. what is his name? Tell me what’s his name? Oh God! There is nothing in this poor boy’s wallet.

A group of women present at the spot said, ‘These boys did not have any weapons. We were all watching. The policemen fired so many bullets at one of these men that he urinated in his pants. I also felt that I too got bullets. They killed our brothers in front of our eyes. They do not understand the value of human life.

Several videos of the shootout circulated on social media, in which angry women and men can be seen protesting the brutal killing of these three suspects.

Denying claims of suspected terrorists firing on policemen, another woman says, ‘What sin have we committed? My son is three years old. Am I raising her because she was killed in an encounter? How long will this country sleep? Why are we so helpless? Why doesn’t anyone listen to us!’

Police demand – prove your innocence

Protests against these killings also took place in Srinagar, where Mehran is a local resident. It is alleged that Mehran was the commander of the TRF, who was under the police radar for the past several weeks after joining the organization in May this year. Hundreds of people took out a procession in his native Jamalta area of ​​Srinagar last night. During this, the administration stopped internet service in these areas.

The encounter in Rambagh took place days after three locals and a suspected Pakistani terrorist were killed in the neighboring Hyderpora area.

After widespread protests among people regarding discrepancies in the official version of the police Hyderpora Shootout The man killed in the incident was buried in North Kashmir. The bodies of two businessmen were returned to their families and magisterial inquiry orders were given. The inquiry committee has not yet submitted its report on the matter.

PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti tweeted, “There are doubts about the authenticity of the alleged encounter in Rambagh area yesterday. According to reports and eyewitnesses, it seems that the firing was one-sided. The official version is far from the truth and does not match the ground reality as we saw in Shopian, HMT and Hyderpora also.

National Conference spokesperson Imran Nabi Dar said, ‘National Conference has demanded from the administration to be spotless regarding this encounter. These are very serious allegations at a time when we Hyderpora Encounter Clarity has not been received from Jammu and Kashmir Police regarding this.

Meanwhile, the police statement said that the suspected terrorists were involved in many terror cases including atrocities on security forces and civilians.

“Mehran Yasin was involved in the grenade attack on 26 July 2021 at Berber Shah, Srinagar, in which Mudassir Ahmad Bhat, a local resident of Hanjigund Beerwah, was killed and three other civilians were seriously injured,” the statement said. .’

Self-proclaimed leader of Gujjar gang of Srinagar on Mehran in statement Meeran Ali Sheikh He was also accused of involvement in the murder in July this year.

The police had initially termed it as a murder in a terrorist incident but later retracted the earlier statement calling it gang-war enmity. Now after four months this murder has been linked to terror.

Police statement said that Mehran was a police officer in Srinagar in the month of September. Arshad Ahmed and last month at the Government Higher Secondary School in Idgah. Principal Supinder Kaur and teacher Deepak Chand murdered was involved in.

“A case has been registered against him in respect of his role in several stone pelting incidents before joining the terrorist ranks,” the statement said. Another terrorist who was killed, Arafat Ahmed was involved in many terror cases including the murder of a non-local laborer in Pulwama on 16 October 2021.

(To read this report in English click here.)

Categories: India, Special, Society

Tagged as: Encounter, J&K Police, Kashmiri Youths, Mehbooba Mufti, National Conference, police encounter, Rambagh, Srinagar, Suspected Militants, The Wire Hindi, TRF

The Wire – Hindi
#Srinagar #suspected #terrorists #killed #encounter #eyewitnesses #cast #doubt #police #claims


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here