Mobile app has been launched to book online parking slots in Delhi. What you should know is that this app will not only provide smart parking solutions to the people in Delhi but will also help in reducing vehicular pollution.
New Delhi. Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur launched the MyParkings app on Thursday. Speaking on the occasion, Anurag Thakur said that parking is a difficult issue and this app is an attempt to reduce stress and help people plan their journey better. Smart Parking Solution through App or Card is an easy solution towards tension-free parking. Online booking of parking slots will enable people to park their vehicle without any inconvenience.
The ease of parking through this app will also help in reducing vehicular pollution by reducing the time taken to find parking slots. Thus this app is a win-win for every Indian.
During this, South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) Mayor Mukkesh Suryan, SDMC Commissioner Gyanesh Bharti and Basil CMD S George Kuruvilla were present.
Hon’ble Minister for I&B ,S&YA Shri Anurag Thakur launched ‘My Parkings’ Solutions developed by BECIL for SDMC in New Delhi.CMD BECIL Mr. George Kuruvilla introduced this App in the presence of SDMC Mayor Mr. Mukesh Suryan, Commissioner Mr. Gyanesh Bharti & other dignitaries. pic.twitter.com/sgTc9f5x4F
— BECIL (@BECIL_India) October 14, 2021
Actually, with the increasing number of vehicles in the city, the problem of parking has also increased over time. It is an effort to digitize parking spaces and their management that has led to the creation of the MyParking application.
MyParkings is an IoT technology-enabled end-to-end digital solution and is capable of working in three modes:
1. Mobile App in both Android and iOS platforms and
2. Prepaid Card
3. Enabled Smart QR Code
This app has been developed by Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL) in association with South Delhi Municipal Corporation.
SDMC has been developed with an aim to digitize all authorized parking under municipal limits. This
The facility will also be started in other municipal divisions across India in future.
Key Features of MyParking App
- On-spot and advance booking of vehicle parking
- Ease of slot selection through an easy-to-use mobile app
- Enabled Parking Solution with Prepaid/Smart Card
- Option for paperless check-in and check-out of vehicles
- Share parking for safety and recall
- Display of nearby facilities and nearby parking spaces
- Management of parking passes for daily/regular commuters
- EV charging station option and card integration with DTC/Delhi Metro
- Smart QR code for slot booking, check in and checkout
- ANPR – Automatic Number Plate Recognition System