At least 25 girls, aged between 10 and 15, suffered burn injuries when helium balloons they were holding as part of a religious event burst due to sparks from firecrackers outside a temple in a village in Gujarat’s Mehsana district on Saturday, police said. .
The incident took place in front of the Lord Ganesh temple in Brahmanwada village in Unjha taluka around noon, when people were witnessing the idol consecration ceremony, an Unjha police station official said.
He said police made an entry in the station diary about the incident “for informational purposes”.
According to the police memo, some balloons burst when the spark from the fireworks came into contact with them and launched a fireball, causing injuries to about 25 girls. The girls were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment of burn injuries, police said.
news source (www.nationalheraldindia.com)